1. a rude expression intended to offend or hurt
Example : When a student made a mistake the teacher spared them no abuse.
2. to use foul or abusive language towards
Example : I abused the police officer who issued the parking ticket.
3. to change the inherent purpose or function of something
Example : I was warned not to abuse the system.
4. cruel or inhumane treatment
Example : the child showed signs of physical abuse
5. improper or excessive use
Example : alcohol abuse
6. to treat badly
Example : This boss abuses their workers for no discernible reason since it is counter-productive.
7. to use wrongly or improperly or excessively
Example : You've abused my generosity more times than I should have allowed.
Translation for "abuse"
abuse meaning in Spanish : abuso abuse meaning in German : Missbrauch abuse meaning in Japanese : 乱用 abuse meaning in Turkish : taciz abuse meaning in Chinese : 滥用 abuse meaning in Arabic : إساءة abuse meaning in Polish : nadużycie abuse meaning in Hindi : गाली abuse meaning in French : abuser de abuse meaning in Russian : злоупотребление abuse meaning in Tamil : தவறாக abuse meaning in Telugu : తిట్టు