1. to tolerate or accommodate oneself to
Example : I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions.
2. to give an affirmative reply to
Example : I accepted the offer right there on the spot.
3. to receive willingly something given or offered
Example : I accept your apology.
4. to admit into a group or community
Example : Our university accepts students for graduate study in philosophy.
5. to take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
Example : I'll accept the charges.
6. to be designed to hold or take
Example : The shelves are desiged to accept the heavy drawers.
7. to consider or hold as true
Example : I cannot accept the dogma of this church.
8. to be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal
Example : The cow accepted the bull.
9. to react favorably to
Example : I accepted the offer.
10. to receive officially, as a report from a committee
Example : The council accepted my document on how to improve attendance.
Translation for "accept"
accept meaning in Spanish : aceptar accept meaning in German : akzeptieren accept meaning in Japanese : 受け入れる accept meaning in Turkish : kabul etmek accept meaning in Chinese : 接受 accept meaning in Arabic : قبول accept meaning in Polish : zaakceptować accept meaning in Hindi : स्वीकार करना accept meaning in French : Acceptez accept meaning in Russian : принимать accept meaning in Tamil : ஏற்க accept meaning in Telugu : అంగీకరించాలి