1. a record or narrative description of past events 2. to give an account or representation of in words
Example : You have to account for these losses somehow.
3. an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered 4. a short account of the news 5. a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc. 6. the act of informing by verbal report 7. grounds
Example : don't do it on my account
8. a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance
Example : they send me an accounting every month
9. a formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services
Example : I asked to see the executive who handled my account.
10. to furnish a justifying analysis or explanation
Example : I can't account for the missing money.
11. to keep an account of
Example : I account for all of the inventory.
12. the quality of taking advantage
Example : They turned their writing skills to good account.
13. importance or value
Example : a person of considerable account
14. to be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something
Example : Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam.
Translation for "account"
account meaning in Spanish : cuenta account meaning in German : Konto account meaning in Japanese : アカウント account meaning in Turkish : hesap account meaning in Chinese : 帐户 account meaning in Arabic : الحساب account meaning in Polish : konto account meaning in Hindi : लेखा account meaning in French : Compte account meaning in Russian : учетная запись account meaning in Tamil : கணக்கு account meaning in Telugu : ఖాతా