1. to put in effect
Example : I actioned the plan.
2. a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings)
Example : the action of natural forces
3. a judicial proceeding brought by one party against another 4. the state of being active 5. a military engagement
Example : The unit saw action in Korea.
6. the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism
Example : the piano had a very stiff action
7. to institute legal proceedings against
Example : It looks like we will have to action them to get the to budge.
8. something done, usually as opposed to something said
Example : There were stories of murders and other unnatural actions.
9. the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field
Example : the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds
10. an act by a government body or supranational organization
Example : recent federal action undermined the segregationist position
11. the trait of being active and energetic and forceful
Example : A person ready to jump, leap, or run at any moment is ready for action.
12. the series of events that form a plot
Example : The writer's newer novels have a lot of action.
Translation for "action"
action meaning in Spanish : acción action meaning in German : Aktion action meaning in Japanese : アクション action meaning in Turkish : aksiyon action meaning in Chinese : 行动 action meaning in Arabic : عمل action meaning in Polish : akcja action meaning in Hindi : कार्य action meaning in French : action action meaning in Russian : действие action meaning in Tamil : நடவடிக்கை action meaning in Telugu : చర్య