1. written directions for finding some location 2. to speak to someone
Example : Their speech addresses people aged 18-25.
4. (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored 5. the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience
Example : We listened to an address on minor Roman poets.
6. to speak to or at
Example : They addressed the crowd outside the window.
7. to put an address on something, such as an envelope
Example : I addressed the letter to my cousin.
8. to act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
Example : We wanted to take the time to address the issues everyone is concerned about.
9. to greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name
Example : They always address me as 'Doctor'.
10. the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball 11. a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described 12. the manner of speaking to another individual
Example : They failed to address the captain appropriately.
13. the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with 14. to adjust and aim at in preparation of hitting, especially a golf ball
Example : The golfer addressed the ball before putting.
15. to give a speech to
Example : The chairman addressed the board of trustees.
16. to direct a question at someone
Example : They addressed me with purpose and intent.
17. to apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
Example : I'm hoping to address your concerns in this document I'm writing.
18. to access or locate by address
Example : I addressed my friend.
Translation for "address"
address meaning in Spanish : dirección address meaning in German : Adresse address meaning in Japanese : 住所 address meaning in Turkish : adres address meaning in Chinese : 地址 address meaning in Arabic : عنوان address meaning in Polish : adres address meaning in Hindi : पता address meaning in French : adresse address meaning in Russian : адрес address meaning in Tamil : முகவரி address meaning in Telugu : చిరునామా