1. to obtain advantages, such as points, etc.
Example : We need to advance our position in the market.
2. to contribute to the progress or growth of
Example : I advanced the cause for many years.
3. a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others
Example : They rejected your advances.
4. to increase or raise
Example : They advance in size.
5. the act of moving forward (as toward a goal) 6. increase in price or value
Example : the news caused a general advance on the stock market
7. a change for the better 9. an amount paid before it is earned 10. to rise in rate or price
Example : The price advanced even further.
11. to develop in a positive way
Example : I advanced my field through my research.
12. to bring forward for consideration or acceptance
Example : I advanced a convincing argument to end slavery worldwide.
13. to move forward, also in the metaphorical sense
Example : We have to advance the cause.
14. to cause to move forward
Example : We advanced medicine with our recent discoveries.
15. to move forward
Example : We have to advance clocks and watches when we travel eastward.
16. to give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
Example : I advanced to a senior position within the year.
17. situated ahead or going before 18. being ahead of time or need 19. to develop further
Example : We've advanced the phone and are ready to present the new version to administration.
20. to pay in advance
Example : Can you advance me some money?
Translation for "advance"
advance meaning in Spanish : avanzar advance meaning in German : voraus advance meaning in Japanese : 前進 advance meaning in Turkish : ilerlemek advance meaning in Chinese : 预先 advance meaning in Arabic : تقدم advance meaning in Polish : postęp advance meaning in Hindi : अग्रिम advance meaning in French : avance advance meaning in Russian : продвижение advance meaning in Tamil : முன்னெடுக்க advance meaning in Telugu : ముందుకు