1. a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence
Example : The music teacher hummed an air from a recognizable symphony.
2. to broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
Example : We cannot air this garbage.
3. a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing
Example : an air of mystery
4. a slight wind (usually refreshing) 5. once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles) 6. to expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen
Example : It was a hot day, so I opened the doors to try and air my apartment.
7. to make public
Example : They aired their opinions on controversial topics.
8. the mass of air surrounding the Earth 9. to expose to fresh air
Example : I aired my laundry in the spring breeze.
10. travel via aircraft
Example : air travel involves too much waiting in airports
11. medium for radio and television broadcasting
Example : the program was on the air from 9 til midnight
12. the region above the ground
Example : I caught the ball in the air.
13. a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing 14. to expose to warm or heated air, so as to dry
Example : Let's air these wet boots.
15. to be broadcasted
Example : This show will air Saturdays at 2 P.M.
Translation for "air"
air meaning in Spanish : aire air meaning in German : Luft air meaning in Russian : воздух air meaning in Portuguese : ar air meaning in Chinese : 空气 air meaning in Japanese : 空気 air meaning in Tamil : விமான air meaning in Arabic : هواء air meaning in Turkish : hava air meaning in Hindi : वायु air meaning in Telugu : ఎయిర్ air meaning in French : air