1. to plan for a certain possibility
Example : We've allowed several different outcomes in our planning.
2. to give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
Example : I allowed the funds to be used for renovations.
3. to consent to, to give permission
Example : The parents allowed their child to go out after ten at night.
4. to permit the presence of or permit an activity without opposing or prohibiting
Example : We don't allow dogs here.
5. to let have
Example : I allow invited guests to bring a friend.
6. to make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen
Example : Their preparation allows the acrobat to perform the tricky move easily.
7. to allow the other baseball team to score
Example : They allowed two runs.
8. to make a possibility or provide opportunity for
Example : I'll allow that you might have done what you said.
9. to afford possibility
Example : I'll allow it but I can make no guarantees.
10. to grant as a discount or in exchange
Example : The camera store owner allowed me $50 on my old camera.
Translation for "allow"
allow meaning in Spanish : permitir allow meaning in German : ermöglichen allow meaning in Japanese : 許可する allow meaning in Turkish : izin vermek allow meaning in Chinese : 允许 allow meaning in Arabic : السماح allow meaning in Polish : dopuszczać allow meaning in Hindi : अनुमति देते हैं allow meaning in French : permettre allow meaning in Russian : разрешать allow meaning in Tamil : அனுமதிக்க allow meaning in Telugu : అనుమతిస్తాయి