1. a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem 2. a written or spoken statement that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation
Example : I waited several days for your answer.
3. to be sufficient
Example : This answers our requirements completely.
4. a nonverbal reaction
Example : Your answer to any problem was to get drunk.
5. the principal pleading by the defendant in response to plaintiff's complaint 6. the speech act of replying to a question 7. to give the correct answer or solution to
Example : I answered all the questions on the test.
8. to react to a stimulus or command
Example : The steering of my new car answers to the slightest touch.
9. to give a defence or refutation of a charge or in an argument
Example : The defendant answered to all the charges of the prosecution.
10. to match or correspond
Example : The drawing of the suspect answers to the description the victim gave.
11. to be liable or accountable
Example : They must answer for their actions.
Translation for "answer"
answer meaning in Spanish : responder answer meaning in German : Antworten answer meaning in Japanese : 回答 answer meaning in Turkish : Cevap answer meaning in Chinese : 回答 answer meaning in Arabic : إجابة answer meaning in Polish : odpowiedź answer meaning in Hindi : उत्तर answer meaning in French : réponse answer meaning in Russian : ответ answer meaning in Tamil : பதில் answer meaning in Telugu : సమాధానం