1. attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates
Example : Your smile was part of your appeal to them.
2. earnest or urgent request 3. to request earnestly
Example : I appealed for leniency.
4. to cite as an authority
Example : I appealed to a prestigious reference work.
5. to be attractive to
Example : The idea of a vacation appeals to me.
6. request for a sum of money
Example : an appeal to raise money for starving children
7. to take a court case to a higher court for review
Example : They were found guilty but appealed immediately.
8. to challenge a decision
Example : They appealed the verdict.
9. (law) a legal proceeding in which the appellant resorts to a higher court for the purpose of obtaining a review of a lower court decision and a reversal of the lower court's judgment or the granting of a new trial
Example : their appeal was denied in the superior court
Translation for "appeal"
appeal meaning in Spanish : apelación appeal meaning in German : Beschwerde appeal meaning in Japanese : アピール appeal meaning in Turkish : temyiz appeal meaning in Chinese : 上诉 appeal meaning in Arabic : مناشدة appeal meaning in Polish : apel appeal meaning in Hindi : अपील appeal meaning in French : charme appeal meaning in Russian : обращение appeal meaning in Tamil : முறையீடு appeal meaning in Telugu : అప్పీల్