1. to move towards
Example : We were approaching our destination.
2. the final path followed by an aircraft as it is landing 3. to begin to deal with
Example : They approached the task with enthusiasm.
4. to come near in time
Example : Winter is approaching.
5. to come near, resemble, come nearer in quality, or character
Example : The writing approaches that of an 18th-century author.
6. the act of drawing spatially closer to something
Example : the hunter's approach scattered the geese
7. a relatively short golf shot intended to put the ball onto the putting green
Example : The tournament ended when the last golfer's approach rolled over the green and right past the hole.
8. ideas or actions intended to deal with a problem or situation
Example : The best approach to the problem is to draw up a list of pros and cons.
9. a way of entering or leaving 10. the temporal property of becoming nearer in time
Example : the approach of winter
11. a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others 12. the event of one object coming closer to another 13. to make advances to someone, usually with a proposal or suggestion
Example : I was approached by the President to serve as an adviser in foreign matters.
14. a close approximation
Example : the nearest approach to genius
Translation for "approach"
approach meaning in Spanish : enfoque approach meaning in German : Ansatz approach meaning in Japanese : アプローチ approach meaning in Turkish : yaklaşım approach meaning in Chinese : 途径 approach meaning in Arabic : مقاربة approach meaning in Polish : podejście approach meaning in Hindi : पहुंच approach meaning in French : approche approach meaning in Russian : подход approach meaning in Tamil : அணுகுமுறை approach meaning in Telugu : విధానం