1. to attack someone physically or emotionally
Example : They kept attacking me until I was able to fight them off.
2. ideas or actions intended to deal with a problem or situation 3. a decisive manner of beginning a musical tone or phrase 4. the act of attacking
Example : attacks on women increased last year
5. (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons)
Example : the attack began at dawn
6. intense adverse criticism 7. to attack in speech or writing
Example : The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker.
8. to take the initiative and go on the offensive
Example : The invaders attacked the village at night.
9. to launch an attack or assault on
Example : They prepared to attack the enemy.
10. an offensive move in a sport or game
Example : they won the game with a 10-hit attack in the 9th inning
11. strong criticism
Example : The Times published an unexpected attack on my work.
12. the onset of a corrosive or destructive process (as by a chemical agent)
Example : the film was sensitive to attack by acids
13. a sudden occurrence of an uncontrollable condition
Example : an attack of diarrhea
14. to begin to injure
Example : The cancer cells are attacking the patient's liver.
15. to set to work upon
Example : I attacked my class's problem set with gusto.
Translation for "attack"
attack meaning in Spanish : ataque attack meaning in German : Attacke attack meaning in Japanese : 攻撃 attack meaning in Turkish : saldırı attack meaning in Chinese : 攻击 attack meaning in Arabic : هجوم attack meaning in Polish : atak attack meaning in Hindi : आक्रमण attack meaning in French : attaque attack meaning in Russian : атака attack meaning in Tamil : தாக்குதல் attack meaning in Telugu : దాడి