1. at or to or toward the back or rear
Example : They moved back to distance themselves from the cameras down front.
2. the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord
Example : The fall broke their back.
3. to give support or one's approval to
Example : They backed my crowdfunding campaign.
4. located at or near the back of an animal 5. in or to or toward a past time
Example : set the clocks back an hour
6. a support that you can lean against while sitting
Example : the back of the dental chair was adjustable
7. the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book 8. the side that goes last or is not normally seen
Example : I wrote the date on the back of the photograph.
9. the posterior part of a body from the neck to the end of the spine
Example : Our backs were nicely tanned after a day on the beach.
10. the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer
Example : I stood at the back of the stage.
11. to establish as valid or genuine
Example : Can you back up your claims?
12. to place a bet on
Example : Which horse are you backing?
13. to be behind
Example : The house backs the park.
14. in repayment or retaliation
Example : we paid back everything we had borrowed
15. in or to or toward a former location
Example : They went back to their parents' house.
16. in or to or toward an original condition
Example : The dog went back to sleep.
17. in reply to
Example : They wrote back three days later.
18. (American football) the position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage 19. the part of a garment that covers the back of your body
Example : They pinned a 'kick me' sign on the new kid's back.
20. in association football, a person who plays in the backfield, also known as a defender
Example : The goalkeeper passed the ball to the back, who then ran it forward.
21. to strengthen by providing with a back or backing
Example : I backed the photo so it would not get bent in the post.
22. to shift to a counterclockwise direction
Example : The wind backed.
23. to travel backward
Example : I will back the car into the driveway.
24. to cause to travel backward
Example : I backed the car into the parking spot.
25. to support financial backing for
Example : They backed my crowd funding campaign.
26. to be in back of
Example : My garage backs their yard.
27. related to or located at the back
Translation for "back"
back meaning in Spanish : atrás back meaning in German : zurück back meaning in Japanese : バック back meaning in Turkish : geri back meaning in Chinese : 背部 back meaning in Arabic : الى الخلف back meaning in Polish : z powrotem back meaning in Hindi : वापस back meaning in French : retour back meaning in Russian : назад back meaning in Tamil : மீண்டும் back meaning in Telugu : తిరిగి