1. (`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner 2. unfavorably or with disapproval 3. in a disadvantageous way 4. to a severe or serious degree
Example : fingers so badly frozen they had to be amputated
6. with great intensity (`bad' is a nonstandard variant for `badly')
Example : the injury hurt badly
7. in a disobedient or naughty way
Example : They behaved badly in school.
8. with unusual distress or resentment or regret or emotional display
Example : they took their defeat badly
9. without skill or in a displeasing manner
Example : The sub-par author writes badly.
10. evilly or wickedly
Example : We treated our parents badly on occasion.
Translation for "badly"
badly meaning in Spanish : mal badly meaning in German : schlecht badly meaning in Japanese : ひどく badly meaning in Turkish : kötü badly meaning in Chinese : 惨 badly meaning in Arabic : بشكل سيئ badly meaning in Polish : źle badly meaning in Hindi : बुरी तरह badly meaning in French : mal badly meaning in Russian : плохо badly meaning in Tamil : மோசமாக badly meaning in Telugu : తీవ్రంగా