1. a container, usually with a slot in the top, for keeping money at home
Example : I used to have a bank shaped like a pig.
2. a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities
Example : They cashed a check at the bank.
3. to have confidence or faith in
Example : I banked on their intentions.
4. a slope in the turn of a road or track 6. a building in which the business of banking transacted
Example : the bank is on the corner of Nassau and Witherspoon
7. to put into a bank account
Example : I banked my paycheck.
8. an arrangement of similar objects in a row or in tiers
Example : They operated a bank of switches.
9. a long ridge or pile
Example : a huge bank of earth
10. sloping land (especially the slope beside a body of water)
Example : they pulled the canoe up on the bank
11. the funds held by a gambling house or the dealer in some gambling games
Example : We tried to break the bank at Monte Carlo.
12. a supply or stock held in reserve for future use (especially in emergencies) 13. to cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning
Example : The fire fighters are going to bank the blaze.
14. to enclose with a bank
Example : The highway engineers banked the sharp curves on the road.
15. to tip laterally
Example : The pilot had to bank the aircraft.
16. to be in the banking business
Example : Should we be banking at all?
17. to act as the banker in a game or in gambling
Example : Do you want to bank?
18. to do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank
Example : Where do you bank in this town?
Translation for "bank"
bank meaning in Spanish : banco bank meaning in German : Bank bank meaning in Japanese : バンク bank meaning in Turkish : banka bank meaning in Chinese : 银行 bank meaning in Arabic : بنك bank meaning in Polish : Bank bank meaning in Hindi : बैंक bank meaning in French : banque bank meaning in Russian : банка bank meaning in Tamil : வங்கி bank meaning in Telugu : బ్యాంకు