1. a gymnastic apparatus used by women gymnasts 2. a signal transmitted along a narrow path 3. a column of light (as from a beacon) 4. a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation 5. to broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
Example : We beamed the program all over the world.
6. to experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
Example : I was beaming with joy.
7. to have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink
Example : You're really beaming.
8. to emit light
Example : The flashlight beamed with great intensity.
9. long thick piece of wood or metal or concrete, etc., used in construction 10. the broad side of a ship
Example : they sighted land on the port beam
11. (nautical) breadth amidships 12. to smile radiantly
Example : I beamed after winning the lottery.
13. to express with a cheerful face or smile
Example : I beamed with approval.
Translation for "beam"
beam meaning in Spanish : haz beam meaning in German : Strahl beam meaning in Russian : луч beam meaning in Portuguese : feixe beam meaning in Chinese : 光束 beam meaning in Japanese : ビーム beam meaning in Tamil : பீம் beam meaning in Arabic : الحزم beam meaning in Turkish : kiriş beam meaning in Hindi : किरण beam meaning in Telugu : పుంజం beam meaning in French : faisceau