1. to give birth to
Example : The dog bore pups in the pantry.
2. to take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
Example : I bear the costs.
3. to have on one's person; to carry
Example : I bear a gun.
4. to be pregnant with a child
Example : We are bearing our first child.
5. to put up with something or somebody unpleasant
Example : I cannot bear the constant criticism.
6. to support or hold in a certain manner
Example : I can bear it for a little while longer.
7. to bring in
Example : This bears another important point.
8. to have rightfully
Example : I have borne this computer along with me on many travels.
9. a massive mammal with long shaggy coats and strong claws found in the Americas and Eurasia; one of 8 species in the family Ursidae
Example : When I saw a bear in the woods, I ran away.
10. an investor with a pessimistic market outlook
Example : After deciding to short all the stocks, everyone knew I was a bear.
11. to move while holding up or supporting
Example : I can bear a heavy load.
12. to bring forth
Example : The apple tree bore delicious apples this year.
13. to have or possess
Example : They bear a resemblance to my friends.
14. a large, hairy gay or queer man who identifies with a subculture of similar people
Example : I am a bear with a glorious beard.
Translation for "bear"
bear meaning in Spanish : oso bear meaning in German : Bär bear meaning in Japanese : くま bear meaning in Turkish : ayı bear meaning in Chinese : 熊 bear meaning in Arabic : يتحمل bear meaning in Polish : Niedźwiedź bear meaning in Hindi : भालू bear meaning in French : ours bear meaning in Russian : нести bear meaning in Tamil : தாங்க bear meaning in Telugu : భరించలేదని