1. to get the better of
Example : The goal was to best the competition.
2. from a position of superiority or authority
Example : father knows best
3. the person who is most outstanding or excellent 4. (comparative and superlative of `well') wiser or more advantageous and hence advisable 5. it would be sensible
Example : you'd best stay at home
6. in a most excellent way or manner
Example : The band played best after a couple of martinis.
7. (superlative of `good') having the most positive qualities
Example : the best film of the year
8. the supreme effort one can make
Example : they did their best
Translation for "best"
best meaning in Spanish : mejor best meaning in German : Beste best meaning in Japanese : ベスト best meaning in Turkish : en iyi best meaning in Chinese : 最好 best meaning in Arabic : الأفضل best meaning in Polish : Najlepiej best meaning in Hindi : श्रेष्ठ best meaning in French : meilleur best meaning in Russian : Лучший best meaning in Tamil : சிறந்த best meaning in Telugu : ఉత్తమ