1. given or giving freely
Example : was a big tipper
2. exhibiting self-importance
Example : big talk
3. in an advanced stage of pregnancy 4. (of animals) fully developed 6. conspicuous in position or importance
Example : a big figure in the movement
7. feeling self-importance
Example : They thought of themselves as big time.
9. in a boastful manner
Example : You talked big all evening.
10. extremely well
Example : Their performance went over big.
11. generous and understanding and tolerant
Example : a heart big enough to hold no grudges
12. above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent 13. in a major way
Example : the play failed big at the box office
14. on a grand scale
Example : think big
15. marked by intense physical force
Example : a big wind
Example : Graduation is a big day in a student's life.
17. loud and firm
Example : a big voice
Translation for "big"
big meaning in Spanish : grande big meaning in German : groß big meaning in Japanese : 大きい big meaning in Turkish : büyük big meaning in Chinese : 大 big meaning in Arabic : كبير big meaning in Polish : duży big meaning in Hindi : बड़े big meaning in French : gros big meaning in Russian : большой big meaning in Tamil : பெரிய big meaning in Telugu : పెద్ద