1. a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank) 2. horny projecting mouth of a bird 3. a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes
Example : They pulled down the bill of their cap and trudged ahead.
4. an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
Example : I paid my bill at the restaurant.
5. a long-handled saw with a curved blade
Example : The gardener used a bill to prune branches off of the tree.
6. a statute in draft before it becomes law
Example : they held a public hearing on the bill
7. a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement 8. an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution 9. to publicize or announce by placards
Example : We need to bill this show all over town.
10. to demand payment
Example : They billed us for their services.
11. the entertainment offered at a public presentation 12. a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare) 13. to advertise especially by posters or placards
Example : They were billed as the greatest tenor since Caruso.
Translation for "bill"
bill meaning in Spanish : cuenta bill meaning in German : Rechnung bill meaning in Japanese : ビル bill meaning in Turkish : fatura bill meaning in Chinese : 法案 bill meaning in Arabic : مشروع قانون bill meaning in Polish : rachunek bill meaning in Hindi : बिल bill meaning in French : facture bill meaning in Russian : законопроект bill meaning in Tamil : ர சி து bill meaning in Telugu : బిల్లు