1. to cause to be constipated
Example : My diet bound me, causing me to seek medicine.
2. to bind by an obligation
Example : We are bound to the rules agreed upon.
3. to fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
Example : They bound the prisoners hands together.
4. to secure with or as if with ropes
Example : We bound the bike to the roof of the car.
5. to wrap around with something so as to cover or enclose
Example : I didn't want my mirror to break, so I bound it in soft cloth.
6. to stick to firmly
Example : You always bind by the rules.
7. to create social or emotional ties
Example : A shared experience can bind the people involved.
8. something that hinders as if with bonds 9. to form a chemical bond with
Example : The hydrogen binds the oxygen.
10. to make fast or tie tightly
Example : They asked me to bind the logs for firewood.
11. to provide with a binding
Example : Bind the books in leather.
Translation for "bind"
bind meaning in Spanish : enlazar bind meaning in German : binden bind meaning in Japanese : バインド bind meaning in Turkish : bağlamak bind meaning in Chinese : 捆绑 bind meaning in Arabic : ربط bind meaning in Polish : wiązać bind meaning in Hindi : बाँध bind meaning in French : lier bind meaning in Russian : привязывать bind meaning in Tamil : ஜெர்மானிய bind meaning in Telugu : బైండ్