1. a strong odor or taste property 3. a small amount of solid food 4. a painful wound caused by the thrust of an insect's stinger into skin 5. to deliver a sting to
Example : The bee bit me.
6. to cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
Example : The wind was biting.
7. to grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws
Example : Gunny invariably tried to bite her
8. the act of gripping or chewing off with the teeth and jaws 9. wit having a sharp and caustic quality 10. a wound resulting from biting by an animal or a person 11. to penetrate or cut, as with a knife
Example : The knife bit into the ripe tomato.
12. a portion removed from the whole
Example : the government's weekly bite from my paycheck
13. in angling, an instance of a fish taking the bait
Example : After fishing for an hour, I still had not had a bite.
Translation for "bite"
bite meaning in Spanish : mordedura bite meaning in German : beißen bite meaning in Japanese : 一口 bite meaning in Turkish : ısırmak bite meaning in Chinese : 咬 bite meaning in Arabic : عضة bite meaning in Polish : gryźć bite meaning in Hindi : काटना bite meaning in French : mordre bite meaning in Russian : укусить bite meaning in Tamil : கடிக்க bite meaning in Telugu : కొరుకు