1. harsh or corrosive in tone 2. extremely and sharply
Example : it was bitterly cold
3. marked by strong resentment or cynicism 4. causing a sharply painful or stinging sensation 5. the property of having a harsh unpleasant taste 6. the taste experience when quinine or coffee is taken into the mouth 7. proceeding from or exhibiting great hostility or animosity
Example : a bitter struggle
8. expressive of severe grief or regret
Example : shed bitter tears
9. causing a sharp and acrid taste experience
Example : quinine is bitter
10. very difficult to accept or bear
Example : the bitter truth
11. English term for a dry sharp-tasting ale with strong flavor of hops (usually on draft) 12. to make bitter
Example : The burnt grounds bittered the coffee.
Translation for "bitter"
bitter meaning in Spanish : amargo bitter meaning in German : bitter bitter meaning in Russian : горький bitter meaning in Portuguese : amargo bitter meaning in Chinese : 苦 bitter meaning in Japanese : 苦い bitter meaning in Tamil : கசப்பான bitter meaning in Arabic : مرارة - مر bitter meaning in Turkish : acı bitter meaning in Hindi : कड़वा bitter meaning in Telugu : చేదు bitter meaning in French : amer