1. a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities 2. electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices 3. a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view 4. a flat portable surface, usually rectangular, designed for board games
Example : They got out the board and set up the pieces.
5. a table at which meals are served 6. food or meals in general 7. a stout length of sawn timber 8. to get on board of trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.
Example : We should hurry up and board the ship.
9. to live and take one's meals at or in
Example : I board in the university dorms.
10. a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
Example : They nailed boards across the windows to prepare for the storm.
11. a committee having supervisory powers
Example : the board has seven members
12. to provide food and lodging for
Example : We are boarding three people right now.
13. to lodge and take meals at
Example : I board with a family in town during the semester.
Translation for "board"
board meaning in Spanish : tablero board meaning in German : Tafel board meaning in Japanese : ボード board meaning in Turkish : yazı tahtası board meaning in Chinese : 板 board meaning in Arabic : مجلس board meaning in Polish : tablica board meaning in Hindi : मंडल board meaning in French : planche board meaning in Russian : доска board meaning in Tamil : குழு board meaning in Telugu : బోర్డ్