1. to run away
Example : The horse bolted after being frightened by a loud noise.
2. to leave suddenly and as if in a hurry
Example : The listeners bolted when they discussed strange ideas.
3. a discharge of lightning accompanied by thunder 6. the act of moving with great haste 7. the part of a lock that is engaged or withdrawn with a key 8. to eat hastily without proper chewing
Example : Don't bolt your food!
9. a sudden abandonment, as from a political party
Example : After last year's loss, the whole team bolted.
10. a screw that screws into a nut to form a fastener 11. a sliding bar in a breech-loading firearm that ejects an empty cartridge and replaces it and closes the breech 12. a roll of cloth or wallpaper of a definite length 13. to make or roll into bolts
Example : I bolted the fabric.
14. to swallow hastily
Example : They bolted their dinner before leaving for the evening.
15. to secure or lock with a bolt
Example : I bolted the door before going to bed.
16. to move or jump suddenly
Example : I bolted from my seat.
Translation for "bolt"
bolt meaning in Spanish : tornillo bolt meaning in German : Bolzen bolt meaning in Russian : болт bolt meaning in Portuguese : parafuso bolt meaning in Chinese : 螺栓 bolt meaning in Japanese : ボルト bolt meaning in Tamil : ஆணி bolt meaning in Arabic : برغي bolt meaning in Turkish : cıvata bolt meaning in Hindi : पेंच bolt meaning in Telugu : బోల్ట్ bolt meaning in French : boulon