1. a record in which commercial accounts are recorded
Example : They got a subpoena to examine our books.
2. a written version of a play or other dramatic composition
Example : The actors were given their books before the first rehearsal.
3. physical object consisting of a number of pages bound together
Example : We used a large book as a doorstop.
4. a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone
Example : I made sure to read the book on my business rival before the meeting.
5. a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made
Example : They run things by the book around here.
6. to arrange for and reserve something for someone else in advance
Example : My assistant booked my flights.
7. a number of sheets such as tickets or stamps bound together on one edge
Example : They bought a book of stamps.
8. a major division of a long written composition
Example : The minister read from the book of Isaiah.
9. a written work or composition that has been published in the form of pages bound together
Example : I am reading a good book on economics.
10. a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game
Example : They drew cards to make up a book while playing canasta.
11. to engage for a performance
Example : The singer's agent had booked several concerts in Tokyo.
12. to record a charge in a police register
Example : The police booked them for illegal gambling.
13. to register in a hotel booker
Example : We always prefer to book our rooms online.
Translation for "book"
book meaning in Spanish : libro book meaning in German : Buch book meaning in Japanese : 本 book meaning in Turkish : kitap book meaning in Chinese : 书 book meaning in Arabic : كتاب book meaning in Polish : książka book meaning in Hindi : किताब book meaning in French : livre book meaning in Russian : книга book meaning in Tamil : புத்தகம் book meaning in Telugu : పుస్తకం