1. the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary 2. a decorative recessed or relieved surface on an edge 3. a line that indicates a boundary 4. the boundary of a surface 5. to lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
Example : Pennsylvania borders Ohio.
6. to extend on all sides of simultaneously
Example : The forest bordered the lake.
7. to enclose in or as if in a frame
Example : We bordered the painting and it cost us a lot.
8. to provide with a border or edge
Example : They bordered the painting with a white mat.
9. to form the boundary of
Example : The river borders the west side of our town.
10. a strip forming the outer edge of something
Example : the rug had a wide blue border
Translation for "border"
border meaning in Spanish : frontera border meaning in German : Rand border meaning in Japanese : 境界 border meaning in Turkish : sınır border meaning in Chinese : 边界 border meaning in Arabic : الحدود border meaning in Polish : granica border meaning in Hindi : सीमा border meaning in French : frontière border meaning in Russian : граница border meaning in Tamil : எல்லை border meaning in Telugu : సరిహద్దు