1. to place limits on extent or access
Example : We bound the arena so that it only extends ten miles in all directions.
3. the greatest possible degree of something
Example : What they did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior.
4. the line or plane indicating the limit or extent of something 5. a line determining the limits of an area 6. headed or intending to head in a certain direction
Example : often used as a combining form as in `college-bound students'
7. covered or wrapped with a bandage 8. a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards 9. to move forward by leaps and bounds
Example : The horse bounded across the meadow.
10. to form the boundary of
Example : The fence bounds my farmland.
11. (usually followed by `to') governed by fate 12. confined by bonds
Example : bound and gagged hostages
13. secured with a cover or binding 14. held with another element, substance or material in chemical or physical union 15. bound by an oath
Example : a bound official
16. confined in the bowels
Translation for "bound"
bound meaning in Spanish : Unido bound meaning in German : gebunden bound meaning in Russian : связанный bound meaning in Portuguese : limite bound meaning in Chinese : 界 bound meaning in Japanese : バウンド bound meaning in Tamil : பிணைப்பு bound meaning in Arabic : مقيد bound meaning in Turkish : ciltli bound meaning in Hindi : सीमा bound meaning in Telugu : బౌండ్ bound meaning in French : lié