1. to put into a box
Example : Box the gift, please.
2. private area in a theater or grandstand where a small group can watch the performance
Example : the royal box was empty
3. the driver's seat on a coach
Example : an armed guard sat in the box with the driver
4. evergreen shrubs or small trees 5. the quantity contained in a box
Example : I gave my friend a box of chocolates.
6. a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible 7. a blow with the hand, usually on the ear
Example : I gave them a good box on the ear.
8. a (usually rectangular) container 9. separate partitioned area in a public place for a few people
Example : The sentry stayed in the box to avoid the cold.
10. any one of several designated areas on a ball field where the batter or catcher or coaches are positioned
Example : the umpire warned the batter to stay in the batter's box
11. a rectangular drawing
Example : the flowchart contained many boxes
12. to engage in a boxing match
Example : I went to the arena to box.
13. to hit with the fist
Example : I'll box your ears if you don't stop it right now!
Translation for "box"
box meaning in Spanish : caja box meaning in German : Box box meaning in Japanese : ボックス box meaning in Turkish : Kutu box meaning in Chinese : 框 box meaning in Arabic : صندوق box meaning in Polish : pudełko box meaning in Hindi : डिब्बा box meaning in French : boîte box meaning in Russian : коробка box meaning in Tamil : பெட்டியில் box meaning in Telugu : బాక్స్