1. a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc. 2. an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands 3. the link between two lenses 4. a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth 5. a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected 6. to connect or reduce the distance between
Example : The computer science class will bridge your understanding of these two fundamental skills.
7. any of various card games based on whist for four players 8. a wooden support that holds the strings up 9. the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose
Example : My glasses left marks on the bridge of my nose.
10. something resembling a bridge in form or function
Example : The letters provided a bridge across the centuries.
11. to make a bridge across something
Example : We bridged the river, using only bamboo and a wad of chewing gum.
12. to cross over on a bridge
Example : I bridged the river.
Translation for "bridge"
bridge meaning in Spanish : puente bridge meaning in German : Brücke bridge meaning in Japanese : ブリッジ bridge meaning in Turkish : köprü bridge meaning in Chinese : 桥 bridge meaning in Arabic : جسر bridge meaning in Polish : most bridge meaning in Hindi : पुल bridge meaning in French : pont bridge meaning in Russian : мост bridge meaning in Tamil : பாலம் bridge meaning in Telugu : వంతెన