1. destroyed financially
Example : We were broken by the abrupt stock market downturn.
2. having been violated or disregarded, especially of promises or contracts
Example : The doomed relationship was littered with broken promises.
3. out of working order
Example : My phone is broken.
4. thrown into a state of disarray or confusion
Example : Troops fled hastily in broken ranks.
5. subdued or brought low in condition or status
Example : The former CEO was now broken, alone and penniless.
6. topographically very uneven
Example : The broken terrain was difficult to hike across.
7. tamed or trained to obey
Example : That horse is broken.
8. physically and forcibly separated into pieces or cracked or split
Example : A broken mirror is said to be bad luck for the one who broke it.
9. not continuous in space, time, or sequence or varying abruptly
Example : Broken lines of defense led to our demise.
10. lacking a part or parts
Example : My set is broken since I lost the third volume.
11. weakened and infirm
Example : The patient's health is broken due to many years of neglect.
12. imperfectly spoken or written
Example : I spoke broken Spanish all over Mexico but they seemed to understand me for the most part.
Translation for "broken"
broken meaning in Spanish : roto broken meaning in German : gebrochen broken meaning in Japanese : 壊れた broken meaning in Turkish : kırık broken meaning in Chinese : 破碎 broken meaning in Arabic : مكسور broken meaning in Polish : złamany broken meaning in Hindi : टूटा हुआ broken meaning in French : cassé broken meaning in Russian : сломанный broken meaning in Tamil : உடைந்த broken meaning in Telugu : విరిగిన