1. to bolster or strengthen
Example : We need to build our team.
2. constitution of the human body 3. alternative names for the body of a human being 4. to form or accumulate steadily
Example : My anticipation built as the date grew closer.
5. to make by combining materials and parts
Example : We're going to build us one of those Trojan horses!
6. to build or establish something abstract
Example : I built a reputation on trust and competency.
7. to develop and grow
Example : Suspense was building right from the beginning of the opera.
8. to found or ground
Example : I built a defense on nothing but the accused person's reputation.
9. to be engaged in building
Example : These architects build in interesting and new styles.
10. to give form to, according to a plan
Example : We built a modern nation.
11. to order, supervise, or finance the construction of
Example : The government is building new schools in this state.
Translation for "build"
build meaning in Spanish : construir build meaning in German : bauen build meaning in Japanese : 造る build meaning in Turkish : inşa etmek build meaning in Chinese : 建立 build meaning in Arabic : بناء build meaning in Polish : budować build meaning in Hindi : निर्माण build meaning in French : construire build meaning in Russian : строить build meaning in Tamil : உருவாக்க build meaning in Telugu : నిర్మించడానికి