1. to burn, sear, or freeze tissue using a hot iron or electric current or a caustic agent
Example : I had a wart burned off my foot.
2. to destroy by fire
Example : They burned the house and my diaries.
3. to use up energy
Example : You should burn off calories through vigorous exercise.
4. shine intensely, as if with heat
Example : The fire burned brightly all through the night.
5. pain that feels hot as if it were on fire 6. to get a sunburn by overexposure to the sun
Example : I burned easily in the summer.
7. to create by duplicating data
Example : I burned the mix cd with my laptop.
8. to cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
Example : The sun burned their eyes.
9. an injury caused by exposure to heat, chemicals, or radiation
Example : There's a burn on my leg that has been hurting a lot.
10. to burn with heat, fire, or radiation
Example : The iron burnt a hole in my dress.
11. to undergo combustion
Example : Maple wood burns well.
12. to feel strong emotion, especially anger or passion
Example : The developer was burning with anger over the code changes.
13. to feel hot or painful
Example : My eyes are burning.
14. to spend significant amounts of money
Example : The billionaire clearly has money to burn, since we could see that the boat was made of pure gold.
15. to destroy by fire at the stake
Example : Witches were burned in Salem.
Translation for "burn"
burn meaning in Spanish : quemar burn meaning in German : brennen burn meaning in Japanese : 燃やす burn meaning in Turkish : yanmak burn meaning in Chinese : 烧伤 burn meaning in Arabic : حرق burn meaning in Polish : palić się burn meaning in Hindi : जलाना burn meaning in French : brûler burn meaning in Russian : жечь burn meaning in Tamil : எரிக்க burn meaning in Telugu : బర్న్