1. rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms 2. a sudden intense happening
Example : an outburst of heavy rain
3. to come open suddenly and violently, as if from internal pressure
Example : The bubble burst.
4. to be in a state of movement or action
Example : The rude customer burst to the front of the line.
5. the act of exploding or bursting 6. a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason)
Example : a burst of applause
7. to break open or apart suddenly and forcefully
Example : The dam burst without warning.
8. to force out or release suddenly, and often violently, something pent up
Example : The volcano burst its lava from underground.
9. to emerge suddenly
Example : As we came out of the shadow of the mountain, the sun burst into view.
10. to move suddenly, energetically, or violently
Example : They burst out of the house into the cool night.
Translation for "burst"
burst meaning in Spanish : ráfaga burst meaning in German : platzen burst meaning in Russian : взрыв burst meaning in Portuguese : estourar burst meaning in Chinese : 爆 burst meaning in Japanese : バースト burst meaning in Tamil : வெடிப்பு burst meaning in Arabic : انفجار burst meaning in Turkish : patlamak burst meaning in Hindi : विस्फोट burst meaning in Telugu : పేలవచ్చు burst meaning in French : éclater