1. a television system that transmits over cables
Example : I didn't think I would want cable when I moved houses.
2. a telegram sent abroad
Example : In the early 20th century, sending cables was the best way to transmit messages overseas.
3. a nautical unit of depth
Example : The trench was over two thousand cables.
4. to send wires or telegrams
Example : I cabled a message across the Atlantic.
5. a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power
Example : Did you put a cable in the wall?
6. television that is transmitted over cable directly to the receiver
Example : Did you watch anything on cable last night?
7. a very strong thick rope made of twisted hemp or steel wire
Example : The cable that held up the bridge was over one metre thick.
8. to fasten with a cable or rope
Example : We cable trees before we cut them down.
Translation for "cable"
cable meaning in Spanish : cable cable meaning in German : Kabel cable meaning in Japanese : ケーブル cable meaning in Turkish : kablo cable meaning in Chinese : 电缆 cable meaning in Arabic : كابل cable meaning in Polish : kabel cable meaning in Hindi : केबल cable meaning in French : câble cable meaning in Russian : кабель cable meaning in Tamil : கேபிள் cable meaning in Telugu : కేబుల్