1. an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose 2. to live in or as if in a tent
Example : Can we go camping again this summer?
3. providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities
Example : they played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect
4. temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers
Example : Wherever they went in the camp the soldiers were grumbling.
5. a site where care and activities are provided for children during the summer months
Example : city kids get to see the country at a summer camp
6. shelter for persons displaced by war or political oppression or for religious beliefs 7. to establish or set up a camp
Example : We camped when we couldn't walk any further.
8. temporary lodgings in the country for travelers or vacationers
Example : level ground is best for parking and camp areas
9. a penal institution, often for forced labor
Example : North Korea has many camps for political prisoners.
10. something that is considered amusing not because of its originality but because of its unoriginality
Example : the living room was pure camp
11. a group of people living together in a camp
Example : The whole camp laughed at their mistake.
12. to give an artificially banal or sexual quality to
Translation for "camp"
camp meaning in Spanish : acampar camp meaning in German : Lager camp meaning in Japanese : キャンプ camp meaning in Turkish : kamp camp meaning in Chinese : 营 camp meaning in Arabic : معسكر camp meaning in Polish : obóz camp meaning in Hindi : शिविर camp meaning in French : camp camp meaning in Russian : лагерь camp meaning in Tamil : முகாம் camp meaning in Telugu : శిబిరంలో