1. a tent made of canvas fabric 2. a heavy, closely woven fabric used for clothing, chairs, sails or tents
Example : My shoes are made out of canvas.
3. the mat that forms the floor of the ring in which boxers or professional wrestlers compete
Example : the boxer picked himself up off the canvas
4. an oil painting on canvas fabric 5. a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel 6. the setting for a narrative or fictional or dramatic account
Example : the crowded canvas of history
7. to consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning 8. to get the opinions of people by asking specific questions
Example : I canvassed in the local area to see what percentage of people were voting for my candidate.
9. to solicit votes from potential voters in an electoral campaign 10. to cover with canvas
Example : I canvassed the walls of the living room so as to conceal the ugly cracks.
Translation for "canvas"
canvas meaning in Spanish : lona canvas meaning in German : Segeltuch canvas meaning in Russian : холст canvas meaning in Portuguese : tela de pintura canvas meaning in Chinese : 帆布 canvas meaning in Japanese : キャンバス canvas meaning in Tamil : கேன்வாஸ் canvas meaning in Arabic : اللوحة القماشية canvas meaning in Turkish : tuval canvas meaning in Hindi : कैनवास canvas meaning in Telugu : కాన్వాస్ canvas meaning in French : Toile