1. a list of dishes available at a restaurant 2. (baseball) a list of batters in the order in which they will bat
Example : the managers presented their cards to the umpire at home plate
3. a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities 4. a card certifying the identity of the bearer
Example : We had to show our cards to get in.
5. (golf) a record of scores (as in golf)
Example : you have to turn in your card to get a handicap
6. a printed or written greeting that is left to indicate that you have visited 7. a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement 8. a witty amusing person who makes jokes 9. to separate the fibers of
Example : They washed and carded the wool before spinning it into yarn.
10. one of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes
Example : I collected cards and traded them with my friends.
11. a rectangular piece of stiff paper used to send messages, which may have printed greetings or pictures
Example : They sent us a card from Miami.
12. thin cardboard, usually rectangular 13. to ask someone for identification to determine whether he or she is old enough to consume liquor
Example : I was carded when I tried to buy a beer!
Translation for "card"
card meaning in Spanish : tarjeta card meaning in German : Karte card meaning in Japanese : カード card meaning in Turkish : kart card meaning in Chinese : 卡 card meaning in Arabic : بطاقة card meaning in Polish : karta card meaning in Hindi : कार्ड card meaning in French : carte card meaning in Russian : карта card meaning in Tamil : அட்டை card meaning in Telugu : కార్డ్