1. to transmit or serve as the medium for transmission 3. to serve as a means for expressing something 4. to support or hold in a certain manner 5. to have on hand
Example : Do you carry kerosene heaters?
6. to win approval or support for 7. to contain or hold
Example : I can carry that bag for you.
10. to drink alcohol without showing ill effects 11. to move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in one's hands or on one's body
Example : You must carry your camping gear.
12. to include as the content 13. to transfer entries from one account book to another 14. to behave in a certain manner 15. the act of carrying something 16. to include, as on a list 17. to sing or play against other voices or parts
Example : They cannot carry a tune.
18. to pass on a communication 20. to win in an election 21. to secure the passage or adoption of bills and motions 22. to cover a certain distance or advance beyond 23. to have a certain range 24. to be able to feed
Example : This land will carry ten cows to the acre
25. to bear or be able to bear the weight, pressure,or responsibility of 26. to propel or give impetus to 27. to bear a crop
Example : this land does not carry olives
28. to pursue a line of scent or be a bearer
Example : The dog was taught to fetch and carry.
29. to transfer a number, cipher, or remainder to the next column or unit's place before or after, in addition or multiplication
Example : put down 5 and carry 2
30. to capture after a fight 31. to have on the surface, or on the skin
Example : The boat's hull carried many scratches.
32. to take further or advance
Example : carry a cause
33. to compensate for a weaker partner or member by one's own performance
Example : Sometimes it seems like they carry all the weight around here.
34. to extend to a certain degree
Example : The comedian carried the joke too far.
35. to be equipped with a mast or sail
Example : This boat can only carry a small sail
36. to be necessarily associated with or result in or involve 37. to have or possess something abstract
Example : I carry their image in my mind's eye.
38. to keep up with financial support 39. to be conveyed over a certain distance 40. to have as an inherent or characteristic feature or have as a consequence
Translation for "carry"
carry meaning in Spanish : llevar carry meaning in German : tragen carry meaning in Japanese : キャリー carry meaning in Turkish : Taşımak carry meaning in Chinese : 携带 carry meaning in Arabic : احمل carry meaning in Polish : nieść carry meaning in Hindi : ले जाना carry meaning in French : porter carry meaning in Russian : нести carry meaning in Tamil : எடுத்து carry meaning in Telugu : తీసుకు