1. a specific size and style of type within a type family 2. a glass container used to store and display items in a shop or museum or home 3. a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities) 4. (printing) the receptacle in which a compositor has his type, which is divided into compartments for the different letters, spaces, or numbers
Example : for English, a compositor will ordinarily have two such cases, the upper case containing the capitals and the lower case containing the small letters
5. a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures 6. to enclose in, or as if in, a case
Example : my feet were encased in mud
7. a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy 8. bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow
Example : The burglar carried the loot in a case.
9. the enclosing frame around a door or window opening 10. the housing or outer covering of something
Example : the clock has a walnut case
11. an enveloping structure or covering enclosing an animal or plant organ or part 12. nouns or pronouns or adjectives (often marked by inflection) related in some way to other words in a sentence 13. an occurrence of something
Example : it was a case of bad judgment
14. the quantity contained in a case 15. a special set of circumstances 16. a portable container for carrying several objects
Example : the musicians left their instrument cases backstage
17. the actual state of things
Example : that was not the case
18. a statement of facts and reasons used to support an argument
Example : I made my case for the implementation of bike lanes.
19. a problem requiring investigation
Example : Perry Mason solved the case of the missing heir
20. a person requiring professional services
Example : a typical case was the suburban housewife described by a marriage counselor
21. a specific state of mind that is temporary
Example : a case of the jitters
22. to look over, usually with the intention to rob
Example : They men cased the housed.
Translation for "case"
case meaning in Spanish : caso case meaning in German : Fall case meaning in Japanese : 場合 case meaning in Turkish : dava case meaning in Chinese : 案件 case meaning in Arabic : قضية case meaning in Polish : walizka case meaning in Hindi : मामला case meaning in French : Cas case meaning in Russian : дело case meaning in Tamil : வழக்கு case meaning in Telugu : కేసు