1. to eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
sick , vomit , purge , retch , cat , chuck , honk , puke , barf , vomit up , be sick , disgorge , regorge , spew , spue , upchuck , regurgitate , throw up 2. to move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
stray , vagabond , roll , tramp , ramble , swan , drift , range , wander , roam , rove 3. to formulate in a particular style or language 4. the distinctive form in which a thing is made
Example : pottery of this cast was found throughout the region
5. bandage consisting of a firm covering (often made of plaster of Paris) that immobilizes broken bones while they heal 6. container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens 8. to form by pouring a substance, e.g. wax or hot metal into a mold
Example : I cast a bronze sculpture.
10. the act of throwing a fishing line out over the water by means of a rod and reel 11. the act of throwing dice 12. object formed by a mold 13. the visual appearance of something or someone
Example : The delicate cast of my features gets me lots of modeling work.
16. to get rid of
Example : I will cast you into the abyss, foul beast!
18. to select to play, sing, or dance in a performance
Example : The director cast a newcomer in the role of Desdemona.
19. to deposit
Example : I casted a vote for the underdog.
20. to assign the roles of a movie or a play to actors
Example : Who cast this beautiful movie?
Translation for "cast"
cast meaning in Spanish : emitir cast meaning in German : Besetzung cast meaning in Japanese : キャスト cast meaning in Turkish : oyuncular cast meaning in Chinese : 投 cast meaning in Arabic : المصبوب cast meaning in Polish : odlew cast meaning in Hindi : देना cast meaning in French : jeter cast meaning in Russian : бросать cast meaning in Tamil : நடிக்க cast meaning in Telugu : తారాగణంగా