1. an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another
Example : the change was intended to increase sales
2. to become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence
Example : Their mood changes in accordance with the weather.
4. a difference that is usually pleasant 5. to exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
Example : I changed my seat in row 17 for one in row 18.
6. to lay aside, abandon, or leave for another 7. to become deeper in tone
Example : Their voice began to change when they were 12 years old.
8. to change from one vehicle or transportation line to another
Example : They changed trains on their way to the coast.
9. to give to, and receive from, one another
Example : Would you change places with me?
10. the action of changing something
Example : the change of government had no impact on the economy
11. a different or fresh set of clothes
Example : The lawyer brought a change in their overnight bag.
12. a thing that is different
Example : The owner inspected several changes before selecting one.
13. the result of alteration or modification
Example : there were marked changes in the lining of the lungs
14. money received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or a different currency
Example : They got change for a twenty and used it to pay the taxi driver.
15. the balance of money received when the amount you tender is greater than the amount due
Example : I paid with a twenty and pocketed the change
16. coins of small denomination regarded collectively
Example : They had a pocketful of change and nothing in their wallet.
17. a relational difference between states 19. to remove or replace the coverings of
Example : Father had to learn how to change the baby
Translation for "change"
change meaning in Spanish : cambio change meaning in German : Veränderung change meaning in Japanese : 変化する change meaning in Turkish : değişiklik change meaning in Chinese : 更改 change meaning in Arabic : يتغيرون change meaning in Polish : zmiana change meaning in Hindi : परिवर्तन change meaning in French : changement change meaning in Russian : менять change meaning in Tamil : மாற்றம் change meaning in Telugu : మార్పు