1. a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance 2. to direct the flow of
Example : channel information towards a broad audience
3. a way of selling a company's product either directly or via distributors
Example : possible distribution channels are wholesalers or small retailers or retail chains or direct mailers or your own stores
4. a television station and its programs
Example : a satellite TV channel
5. a path over which electrical signals can pass
Example : a channel is typically what you rent from a telephone company
6. (often plural) a means of communication or access
Example : it must go through official channels
7. a long narrow furrow cut either by a natural process (such as erosion) or by a tool (as e.g. a groove in a phonograph record) 8. to send from one person or place to another 9. to transmit or serve as the medium for transmission 10. a passage for water or other fluids to flow through
Example : The fields were crossed with irrigation channels.
11. a deep and relatively narrow body of water that allows passage for vessels
Example : The lost swimmer was hit by a boat in the channel.
Translation for "channel"
channel meaning in Spanish : canal channel meaning in German : Kanal channel meaning in Japanese : チャネル channel meaning in Turkish : kanal channel meaning in Chinese : 渠道 channel meaning in Arabic : قناة channel meaning in Polish : kanał channel meaning in Hindi : चैनल channel meaning in French : canal channel meaning in Russian : канал channel meaning in Tamil : சேனல் channel meaning in Telugu : ఛానల్