1. to demand as being one's due or property 2. an informal right to something
Example : You have no claim on my time.
3. an established or recognized right
Example : a strong legal claim to the property
4. a demand especially in the phrase 'the call of duty' 5. to take, as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs
Example : The accident claimed three lives.
7. demand for something as rightful or due
Example : they struck in support of their claim for a shorter work day
8. an assertion of a right, for example money or property
Example : Our insurance claim keeps being rejected.
9. an assertion that something is true or factual
Example : They claim to be innocent.
10. to assert or affirm strongly 11. to ask for legally or make a legal claim to, as of debts, for example
Example : They claimed on the maximum allowable amount
Translation for "claim"
claim meaning in Spanish : Reclamación claim meaning in German : Anspruch claim meaning in Japanese : 請求 claim meaning in Turkish : İddia claim meaning in Chinese : 要求 claim meaning in Arabic : يطالب claim meaning in Polish : roszczenie claim meaning in Hindi : दावा claim meaning in French : prétendre claim meaning in Russian : Запрос claim meaning in Tamil : கூற்றை claim meaning in Telugu : దావా