1. to arrange or order by classes or categories
Example : How would you class these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?
2. a collection of things sharing a common attribute
Example : there are two classes of detergents
3. education imparted in a series of lessons or meetings 4. people having the same social, economic, or educational status
Example : the working class
5. a body of students who are taught together
Example : early morning classes are always sleepy
6. a body of students who graduate together
Example : the class of '97
7. a league ranked by quality
Example : They played ball in the bottom class for two years before moving up.
8. elegance in dress or behavior
Example : I have a lot of class.
9. (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more orders
Translation for "class"
class meaning in Spanish : clase class meaning in German : Klasse class meaning in Japanese : クラス class meaning in Turkish : sınıf class meaning in Chinese : 类 class meaning in Arabic : صف دراسي class meaning in Polish : klasa class meaning in Hindi : कक्षा class meaning in French : classe class meaning in Russian : учебный класс class meaning in Tamil : வர்க்கம் class meaning in Telugu : తరగతి