1. to clean and tidy up the house
Example : I clean my house every week.
2. to remove unwanted substances from 3. to make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from 4. to remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely
Example : The boys cleaned the sandwich platters
6. in conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating 8. (of behavior or especially language) free from objectionable elements 9. not spreading pollution or contamination 10. exhibiting or calling for sportsmanship or fair play
Example : a clean fight
11. (of a surface) not written or printed on 12. (of a manuscript) having few alterations or corrections 13. morally pure
Example : led a clean life
14. free from impurities
Example : clean water
15. (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims
Example : efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings
16. free of restrictions or qualifications
Example : a clean bill of health
17. free from sepsis or infection
Example : a clean (or uninfected) wound
18. a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead 19. to clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing
Example : clean up before you see your grandparents
20. to remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits
Example : I cleaned the scallops before grilling.
21. to be cleanable
Example : This stove cleans easily.
22. to remove while making clean 23. to deprive wholly of money in a gambling game, robbery, etc
Example : The other players cleaned me completely.
24. free of drugs
Example : After a long dependency on heroin they have been clean for 4 years.
25. not carrying concealed weapons 26. free from dirt or impurities
Example : or having clean habits
27. ritually clean or pure 28. thorough and without qualification
Example : a clean getaway
29. without difficulties or problems
Example : a clean test flight
30. of a record, having no marks of discredit or offense
Example : The delivery job requires a clean driving record.
31. to remove shells or husks from
Example : clean grain before milling it
Translation for "clean"
clean meaning in Spanish : limpiar clean meaning in German : sauber clean meaning in Japanese : クリーン clean meaning in Turkish : temiz clean meaning in Chinese : 清洁 clean meaning in Arabic : نظيف clean meaning in Polish : czysty clean meaning in Hindi : स्वच्छ clean meaning in French : nettoyer clean meaning in Russian : чистый clean meaning in Tamil : சுத்தமான clean meaning in Telugu : శుభ్రంగా