1. to make free from confusion or ambiguity
Example : Let's clear up these ambiguities.
straighten out , crystallise , crystallize , crystalise , crystalize , clear up , illuminate , enlighten , elucidate , shed light on , sort out 2. freed from any question of guilt 3. (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims 4. clear and distinct to the senses 6. to remove something
Example : Please clear the leaves from the lawn.
7. to become clear
Example : The sky cleared after the storm.
8. in an easily perceptible manner
Example : could be seen clearly under the microscope
Example : read the book clear to the end
10. accurately stated or described 11. characterized by ease and quickness in perceiving
Example : clear mind
12. (especially of a title) free from any encumbrance or limitation that presents a question of fact or law
Example : I have clear title to this property
13. affording free passage or view
Example : a clear view
14. free of restrictions or qualifications 15. a clear or unobstructed space or expanse of land or water 16. to free the throat by making a rasping sound 17. to rid of obstructions
Example : Make sure to clear the barrel before firing.
18. to settle, as of a debt
Example : I finally cleared my loans.
19. to grant authorization or clearance for 20. to pronounce not guilty of criminal charges
Example : The suspect was cleared of the murder charges.
21. to pass by, over, or under without making contact
Example : The balloon cleared the tree tops.
22. to sell or get rid of
Example : We cleared a lot of the old model cars.
23. to earn on some commercial or business transaction 24. to make as a net profit
Example : The company cleared $1 million
25. to yield as a net profit 27. readily apparent to the mind
Example : a clear and present danger
28. allowing light to pass through
Example : clear water
29. free from confusion or doubt
Example : a complex problem requiring a clear head
30. free from clouds or mist or haze
Example : on a clear day
31. clear of charges or deductions
Example : a clear profit
32. free from flaw or blemish or impurity
Example : a clear perfect diamond
33. characterized by freedom from troubling thoughts (especially guilt)
Example : a clear conscience
34. the state of being free of suspicion
Example : Investigation showed that they were in the clear.
35. to make a way or path by removing objects 36. to remove the occupants of
Example : The demolition team cleared the building before the explosion.
37. to remove people from a building
Example : They cleared the patrons from the theater after the bomb threat.
38. to rid of instructions or data
Example : clear a memory buffer
39. to make clear, bright, light, or translucent
Example : The water had to be cleared through filtering
40. to pass an inspection or receive authorization
Example : clear customs
41. to go away or disappear
Example : The fog cleared in the afternoon
42. to be debited and credited to the proper bank accounts
Example : The check will clear within 2 business days
43. to clear from impurities, blemishes, pollution, etc.
Example : We cleared the water so it is safe to drink.
44. to free from payment of customs duties, as of a shipment 45. free from contact or proximity or connection
Translation for "clear"
clear meaning in Spanish : claro clear meaning in German : klar clear meaning in Japanese : クリア clear meaning in Turkish : açık clear meaning in Chinese : 明确 clear meaning in Arabic : واضح clear meaning in Polish : jasny clear meaning in Hindi : स्पष्ट clear meaning in French : clair clear meaning in Russian : Чисто clear meaning in Tamil : தெளிவான clear meaning in Telugu : స్పష్టమైన