1. the absence of heat
Example : the coldness made our breath visible
2. without compunction or human feeling
Example : in cold blood
3. lacking originality or spontaneity 5. extended meanings
Example : especially of psychological coldness
6. sexually unresponsive
Example : We were cold to the couple's advances.
7. the sensation produced by low temperatures
Example : I shivered from the cold.
8. a mild viral infection involving the nose and respiratory passages (but not the lungs)
Example : will they never find a cure for the common cold?
9. lacking the warmth of life
Example : They were cold in their grave.
10. unconscious from a blow or shock or intoxication
Example : the boxer was out cold
11. feeling or showing no enthusiasm
Example : a cold audience
12. having lost freshness through passage of time
Example : a cold trail
13. having a low or inadequate temperature or feeling a sensation of coldness or having been made cold by e.g. ice or refrigeration
Example : a cold climate
14. so intense as to be almost uncontrollable
Example : cold fury gripped him
15. marked by errorless familiarity
Example : The understudy had their lines cold before rehearsals started.
16. (color) giving no sensation of warmth
Example : a cold bluish grey
Translation for "cold"
cold meaning in Spanish : frío cold meaning in German : kalt cold meaning in Japanese : コールド cold meaning in Turkish : soğuk cold meaning in Chinese : 冷 cold meaning in Arabic : البرد cold meaning in Polish : zimno cold meaning in Hindi : सर्दी cold meaning in French : du froid cold meaning in Russian : холодно cold meaning in Tamil : குளிர் cold meaning in Telugu : చల్లని