1. to add color to
Example : The child colored the drawings.
2. an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading 3. a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
Example : A white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light.
4. a race with skin pigmentation different from the white race, especially Blacks 5. any material used for its color
Example : I used a different color for the trim.
6. to change color, often in an undesired manner
Example : The shirts discolored.
7. to affect as in thought or feeling
Example : My personal feelings color my judgment in this case.
8. the timbre of a musical sound
Example : The recording fails to capture the true color of the original music.
9. interest and variety and intensity
Example : The Puritan Period was lacking in color.
10. to give a deceptive explanation or excuse for
Example : Don't color a lie.
11. to decorate with colors
Example : I colored the walls with warm tones.
12. having or capable of producing colors
Example : I have an extra roll of color film.
13. the appearance of objects or light sources described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness or brightness and saturation 14. the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction
Example : Each flavor of quarks comes in three colors.
15. to modify or bias
Example : Their political ideas color their lectures.
Translation for "color"
color meaning in Spanish : color color meaning in German : Farbe color meaning in Japanese : 色 color meaning in Turkish : renk color meaning in Chinese : 颜色 color meaning in Arabic : اللون color meaning in Polish : kolor color meaning in Hindi : रंग color meaning in French : Couleur color meaning in Russian : цвет color meaning in Tamil : நிறம் color meaning in Telugu : రంగు