2. great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity
Example : a good command of French
3. (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program 4. an authoritative direction or instruction to do something 5. to make someone do something
Example : The officer commanded the soldiers to do one hundred press-ups.
6. to exercise authoritative control or power over 7. availability for use
Example : the materials at the command of the potters grew
8. the power or authority to command
Example : an admiral in command
9. a military unit or region under the control of a single officer 10. a position of highest authority
Example : the corporation has just undergone a change in command
11. to be in command of
Example : The general commanded a huge army.
12. to demand as one's due
Example : This speaker commands a high fee
Translation for "command"
command meaning in Spanish : mando command meaning in German : Befehl command meaning in Japanese : コマンド command meaning in Turkish : komuta command meaning in Chinese : 命令 command meaning in Arabic : أمر command meaning in Polish : dowództwo command meaning in Hindi : आदेश command meaning in French : commander command meaning in Russian : команда command meaning in Tamil : கட்டளை command meaning in Telugu : కమాండ్